header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Monday 17 November 2014

True friends



My friend poped over to visit both Baby E and I, and it was good to have a catch up get all the gossip and see Baby E interacting with her.
He was so comfortable in her company which got me thinking how many true friends I really have. 

Before becoming pregnant I had a good group of friend who I saw regularly and kept in contacting most days fast forward to today and those friends have dropped like flies and I genuinely have a couple good friends that I still see on a weekly basis. 

A lot of friends came to see Baby E when he was a newborn but one by one each one has either stopped contacting me or only contacting me if they want something. One friend in particular who doesn't have any children said that I need to organise a 'head wetting' and to be honest that the last thing I my mind. I'm not bothered about drinking and am much more happier staying in cuddling my baby, she can't get her head around this and slowly has stopped texting or visiting. 
It is true that after you've had a baby you see who your true friends are! 

The friends that I see on a regular basis are the ones that mean the most to me and I am happy to let Baby E get close to them and have some sort of bond. 

I know with Christmas approaching my 'friends' will buy Baby E something, even though they haven't seen him in months yet they want to play 'Auntie' and I'm not falling for that. It's not about the presents at all, it's about the time you spend with him! 

And you know what, I am the happiest I have ever been and have the best people around me, and I don't miss my 'friends' at all. If they have no time for me because I am now a mum and have responsibilities then that's their loss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment