header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Wednesday 21 May 2014

My Top 3; Foundations




Finding a foundation can be a very daunting task these days, with many foundations saying pretty much the same thing.
Picking just the right one can be tricky, you have to get the one that suits your skin tone so you don't go out looking tango'd.

I think I have found the prefect three foundations that I cannot live without!

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (£5.99)
The Rimmel Foundations can be a hit or miss, I have tried the Wake Me Up foundation and I found that even the lightest shade was far too dark for me, this is why I opted for the Stay Matte foundation.
The shade I got was Ivory, which is the lightest shade that they go, I am very pale and anything darker than ivory makes me look very orange.
This is a light formula, but feels slightly heavy, but once buffed into your skin leaves a lovely matte finish and lasts for the whole day with no rub off and comes off easily when you take your make up off.
This also doesn't dry out your skin like other Matte products which is a huge plus for me and with the warmer months approaching I know that this will be a staple in my make up bag for sure!


Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (£6.99)
This is a rather new one to my collection but has become one that I use nearly on a daily basis.
The Maybelline Fit Me foundation come in many shades, I opted for 120 as that was the lightest they had.
This is sadly too dark for me, but mixed with the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation works a treat.
The consistency of the foundation is a runny one, once put on your skin and buffed looks like I am wearing little to no foundation at all.
So this would be good if you don't like to wear a heavy foundation, or if you are at school/work and not allowed to wear heavy make up this is the one for you!


Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation ($38) (*)
As the name states this is a full coverage foundation, so if you don't like wearing heavy foundation this is not the one for you.
But I do love a heavy foundation when my skin gets a bit naughty and breaks out with spots!
The Tarte foundation is a lovely consistency slightly on the thick and tacky side, but you cannot complain as this does wonders and hides a multitude of sins!
After buffing this in with a brush you are not 'caked' with the foundation instead you are left with smoother looking skin and also looking very fresh faced which also lasts the whole day without any need for top up, so once it is applied you will not need to retouch until it is time for removal!

What are your 'go-to' foundations?

3 comments:

  1. Oo I like the sound of the Maybelline foundation. I'm not a fan of heavy foundations as I find them a bit too much on my skin. At the moment I am using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation which I absolutely love! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rimmel Stay Matte! They do a new 'porcelain' shade in Wake Me Up too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Actually, you're one of the few people who said good things about Fit me! Though it's true you've had it for only a short amount of time. Usually people found it to be bad for their skin on the long term. I really hope to hear your opinion of it later! :)

    xX Eve
    evegagnon.com

    ReplyDelete