header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Tuesday 25 August 2015

First Birthday Keepsake!


I know Elliott's birthday was a couple of months ago, but I never got round to showing you this and it's something I am really proud of and wanted to show you. 

I love find new creative ways to capture memories and display them or give them away as gifts, so when it was Elliott's birthday I wanted to make a keepsake that we will remember for years to come.

I came up with an idea that everyone will write on a board - just  little message for the birthday boy, but I then decided I wanted to do something really special that no one else would have or thought of and something that can be displayed in his room. 
So I went with a canvas instead. I'm not even sure how I came up with this idea as I googled 'Little boy holding balloon' and then when finding one I liked I printed it out. I actually had to print it out a good few times as I couldn't get the size right. One printed out I cut it out and stuck it to the back of the canvas with some selloptape and got a light to shine underneath and then began to trace the image onto the canvas - which by the way is quite difficult! Who knew canvas was so hard to draw on!! After what I thought was ages I ended up with a rough outline which looked awful so I decided to shade it in and I think this made my idea even better!

I had some left over glitter stickers from that time we did Christmas prints so I used them and spelt out 'You Are One'

On the day of the party I had a small table with lots of different coloured paints, I told everyone that was there to pop a finger print onto the canvas and create a 'balloon' Some people added more than one, some people used their thumb and some people had to go over theirs twice as the canvas sucked up all the paint!

I think this has to be one of the best keep sakes I have every thought of and I'm glad that everyone that was at his first birthday party could leave their little memory! I have been meaning to pop the little string underneath each balloon but I haven't gotten round to doing that yet, but I'm slightly worried I ruin it so I might just leave it like this anyway! I originally wanted to write everyone name along the edge of each balloon but like I said above canvas is really hard to draw/write on - so if anyone knows anything that can write on canvas easily and not spoil the look please do tell me!

What do you think of our First Birthday Keepsake? Did you do anything similar I'd love to know!

This post is linked with...

LarabeeUKWe're going on an adventureMummascribbles


23 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea! It's Edwin's 1st birthday on Sunday so this would be a great thing to do. I really wish I had done more things like this with Eva, it's never to late though! xx #toddlerapprovedtuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats lovely news - Happy first birthday to Edwin! Such a special milestone! No its never too late at all! Have a lovely time on Sunday! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. I love this idea and now am thinking of how I can do something similar for Zach's! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! Let me know what you come up with! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful idea, I love it!! I had something similar at my wedding but I do love a good finger print and this will mean so much to you for years to come. #ToddlerApprovedTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Oh thats a great idea! Yes thats what im thinking anyway! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love this. What a wonderful idea, and it looks so lovely! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for your kind words, we all had fun creating it! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  5. What a lovely, lovely idea!! Aaah I never got round to making anything like this when the twins turned one!! I was in two much of an emotional mess that my babies were growing up so fast!! ;) Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!Hahaha - i was exactly the same! You were prob much worse with having two! Hope you are well! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  6. This is incredible wow you are so talented and what a great memory x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i never made it, it was gifted. But its beautiful! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  7. This is so so cute, just precious! What a great idea, thnks for sharing on #ToddlerApprovedTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the lovely words! No problems and Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  8. What an amazingly brilliant idea! So clever of you :)

    Stevie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i do try and come up with unique ideas! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  9. What an amazingly brilliant idea! So clever of you :)

    Stevie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i do try and come up with unique ideas! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  10. this is such a lovely idea- will look fab on the wall in his room x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does and its a great little memory for years to come! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  11. Oh goodness this is so lovely! What a lovely design, very creative too. I want to make one now for Penny's room haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you love! Go for it, its super easy and a great memory! Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely idea. Brilliant :0) x

    ReplyDelete