header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Tuesday 16 June 2015

HOMEMADE WRAPPING PAPER



I am always looking at new way to make homemade memories.  We have so many hand prints and footprints around the house and other things that I think up, well today I have thought of another thing which is cheap and cheerful but every personal!

With Fathers Day fast approaching I was out at the shops looking for wrapping paper to wrap Daddy's present, I failed and came back empty handed.  I then had an idea - I'll make my own - well Elliott will...


Once home I sellotaped about 8 A4 sheets of white paper together (you can use more if you need to, I measured mine first!) I also laid out the paint we were going to use as this makes things so much easier - its best to be prepared in my opinion! I popped some paint on a brush and brushed it on his hands and feet (I did them separately, washing between colour change and limb change!) and then let Elliott get to work using his hands and feet to make prints on the paper!

We used 4 colours, blue, green, purple and red which I think all work brilliantly together, I let the paint dry fully and then found a purple sharpie and wrote little meaningful messages for Daddy to read while opening his gift!

This was such a fun activity for both of us, although I think I had more paint on me than he did, it was in my hair... I know Elliott loved me putting paint on his tootsies from the giggles that erupted! The prints are not perfect - far from it, but I think that's what makes this so special.

I cannot wait for Daddy to see what Elliott has done and I know he will love it as much as me - one things for sure he wont be ripping open this package... he will slowly peal the sellotape away!

What do you think of our homemade wrapping paper? Is this something you would do?


This post is linked with...

LarabeeUKWe're going on an adventureMummascribbles

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It's great that it can be done for any occasion either. Thanks for the idea!

    Rebecca - RebeccaClaire'sBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally can! I am hoping to do this of his aunties birthday! no problem x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea...So cute x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I love it! I might have to try that! #ToddlerApprovedTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's such a cute idea! Wish I hadn't already wrapped my husbands presents from Isabella now. Next year, next year...

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've done potato stamping to make wrapping paper in the past. Such a fun activity! Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thats a great idea - we will have to do this when E is slightly older! no problem xx

      Delete