header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Tuesday 3 March 2015

Tooth Brushing!



 This week has seen a huge milestone in the Beau is Blue household! We brushed Baby E's tooth for the first time!


We first tried it when his first tooth made it's grand entrance, it was all very exciting - but he sucked the toothpaste off before it got anywhere near his little tooth.  I know it's all about getting them use to the feel of the tooth brush so I wasn't all too worried. He's not getting anything all that bad that would damage his little tooth just yet.

His second tooth cut through 10 days after the first, and I decided it was time to get properly into tooth brushing! So every morning after he had his breakfast I took him through to the bathroom with me and we brush out teeth together, I try to get the teeth but he usually grabs at the tooth brush to do it himself - who am I to stop him! I am still unsure if he is actually touching his teeth with the brush but I do catch him biting it!
I also brush his teeth while he is in the bath. I just give him the tooth brush as he prefers to play with it in the water too. I'm not going to stop him as I want him to see tooth brushing a good and fun thing to do! I mean this is something he will be doing twice a day for the rest of his life!

He seems to be enjoying it and I now getting excited and clapping his hands when he notices me putting a small amount of toothpaste on his toothbrush!

Its all new to both of us so I hope we are going about it the right way!

How did you're little one get on with brushing their teeth for the first time?

4 comments:

  1. It is great that Baby E loves having his teeth brushed. I can normally brush Molly's teeth for a 10 seconds or more before she wants the brush to chew on. I told the dentist this and he said that was great as just getting the toothbrush in the mouth can sometimes be a massive problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he does! I think he likes the toothpaste more though! haha!! Defo going to keep at it, at least he is getting th feeling of the tooth brush in his mouth!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it is going well. Baby L hasn't got any teeth yet. Just like E, that's how I react when Hay puts toothpaste on my toothbrush for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hopefully it stays like that! Baby E didnt get his first tooth until he was 8 months! Hhahaaa! Youre always one to make me chuckle!

      Delete