header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Monday 23 February 2015

My favourite place!


One place I am proud to show everyone and anyone is Baby E's bedroom.

Before I was pregnant the room was used as a store - pretty much the stuff we didn't need was put into it, so when I fell pregnant we had to gut the whole room.  When I say 'we' I mean me barking orders at Jordan! ha ha!

We were looking at colour schemes and at this point we didn't know if it would be a boy or girl. I always loved the apple green and wanted to go down that route and add a few forest/animal wall stickers. We even took lots of samples and had random patches everywhere.

When we found out it was a boy, I was still set on it being apple green, until we went into B & Q and saw the lovely light blue shade. I just couldn't choose between green or blue. But I thought if I got two different shades of blue and do a 'feature' wall then it wouldn't look too bad - so that's what we did!

And now I am so glad we did it as I now love Baby E's room!

I also wanted a cream carpet - WHAT WAS I THINKING!! I am so glad we went with Jordan's choice on dark brown! Maybe men are right sometimes...

We bought lettering from Hobby Craft and I painted the letters in the opposite colour of the wall and added some blue and green buttons and I think this is my favourite part of his room. I am so proud of this part and it makes me so happy to know that its homemade and will be with us for years to come! We had to do the lettering in private and hide all evidence as no one knew his name other than us!
I absolutely love it and think it pulls the room together!

It's a proper little boys room! What do you think?

We are currently looking at other houses and I will be VERY sad to leave his room. This is one thing that makes me want to stay in our home that we live in now! I think I have commitment issues...

I'm scared that if we do move and he has a new room it won't be a special as his room just now, and even if I used the same paint it just wouldn't be the same.  I'm hoping some of you mummies and daddies can relate! Or am I a complete psycho?

What is your favourite part of your little ones room? I'd love to know!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely lucky boy Elliot! I have that shade of blue in my bedroom i really like it. My favourite part of Jay's nursery are the wall stickers, we've gone for a nautical theme but the walls are beige. We didn't find out if baby was a boy or a girl. So I actually finished the nursery after Jay was born! I also don't want to move. Moving when pregnant was hard enough! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! I love his bedroom colours! Aww we were going to go with wall stcikers too but decided not too.. just cus i couldnt find ones i loked! Yes defo! thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Aww his room is so lovely, I love his name up on the wall! My son's room is my favourite, I find it so calming xx

    ReplyDelete